Have you been recently hitched and are planning to impress your new family members with some lip-smacking desserts, but can’t decide on which one to make? Then you are at the right place as we have some sweet treats that will instantly win everyone’s heart.
And why are we so sure? Well, because these recipes are by none other Michelin Starred Indian chef, restaurateur, food writer and the host of TV show MasterChef India, Vikas Khanna. The following recipes will surely make you a lovable and favourite newlywed bride.
Recommended Read: 5 Best Vegetarian Recipes By Vikas Khanna For All Brides-To-Be
This South Indian dessert will satisfy every sweet tooth instantly.
Preparation Time – 30- 45 minutes
Serves – 4
Level - Easy
- 1/2 cup medium grain basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ jaggery or brown sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons ghee or clarified butter
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon cashews
- Take rice and wash it 2-3 times to remove all the starch.
- In a pot take water, add rice and bring it to a boil on high flame while stirring in between to avoid sticking and burning.
- Reduce the heat and cook rice for about 15 minutes or until cooked.
- After that add jaggery or brown sugar along with ghee and stir. Let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes or until it starts to thicken and attains custard like consistency. Your treat is ready.
- Simply, garnish payasam with raisans and cashews and serve it hot or cold.
Also Read: 5 Egg White Dessert Recipes For Health Conscious Brides
#2. Chocolate brownies with chunky peanut butter
Show your baking skills with this perfect gooey summer delectable dessert.
Preparation Time – 1 hr
Serves – 4
Level – Moderate
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 2 ounces semi-sweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
Note: If you do not have unsalted butter, you can use the regular salted butter, but then do not add salt in the batter.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Into a bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together - flour, baking powder and salt – and keep it aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate by double boiler method or at high in microwave (but do stir the mixture in between to make sure it melts properly without getting burnt)
- In another mixing bowl, beat eggs. Now, add sugar to eggs (little at a time) and beat well till the mixture become light and fluffy.
- After this, add the melted butter-chocolate mixture to the egg batter in small batches.
- Now, stir in flour mixture, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Grease an 8-inch square pan with butter or use butter paper. Sprinkle some flour on it and spread it evenly before tapping the pan to remove any extra flour.
- Then evenly spread the brownie batter in the greased pan.
- Bake it for about 25 minutes until the toothpick you insert in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool and cut the brownie into squares before serving it warm or cold with ice-cream.
You may like: 6 Quick And Delicious Breakfast Recipes To Kick-Start Your Day
#3. Roast peaches with coconut walnut sauce recipe
Make this caramelised dessert if you want to make something tasty and different for your loved ones.
Preparation Time – 1 hr
Serves – 4
Level – Easy
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons powdered walnuts
- 120 ml coconut milk
For the peaches
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 Peaches, sliced ( If using canned, use it after draining the slices)
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- Mint leaves (Pudina)
(Note: If Peaches are not your favourite then you can substitute it with Apples, Plums or Pears)
- At first, make the sauce for the recipe. For this, heat butter in a frying pan over low flame. Once the butter melts, add walnut powder and stir continuously till the walnuts smell lightly roasted.
- After this, add in coconut milk and cook, stirring continuously till sauce thickens to your desired liking. Your sauce is now done. Remove from flame and keep aside.
- For caramelised peaches, heat butter in a frying pan over medium flame. Add sugar once the butter melts and cook till it is caramelised to rich golden brown. Now, just add the sliced peaches and toss so that every slice is coated well. Then roast in the pan for a minute.
- For serving, place the sauce at the plate first then place peaches over it. Garnish it with walnuts and mint and serve the dessert immediately.
Next Read: 8 Easy-To-Make Sweets That Brides Can Try For Their Traditional First Dish After Marriage
So, aren’t these dessert recipes by Chef Vikas Khanna delicious and easy to make? Thus, think no more and rush to your kitchen now, prepare these delicacies for your dear ones and show them your love in the sweetest way possible. Happy cooking!