Are you worried about what sweet dish you will prepare for the first time at your in-laws’ place after marriage? Well, the panic is obvious since it will be your first dish, so it has to be something heavenly and out of this world.
Recommended Read: 7 Relationship Killers Worse Than Betraying Your Partner And How To Avoid Them
Making a yummy sweet dish can be one tedious task as there are so many ingredients to remember, and one wrong step can spoil the whole dish. But worry not, as we have some quick and easy-to-remember sweet dishes which you can easily make after marriage and impress everyone with your cooking skills. So, let’s get started!
#1. Makhane Ki Kheer
Everyone loves kheer, so why not make it with a twist!
- Makhane (lotus seeds) - 1 cup
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Full-fat milk - 5 cups
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Nutmeg (jaiphal) powder - 1/2 tsp
- Few saffron (kesar) strands
- Dry fruits for garnishing
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan and add makhane in it. Saute makhana for 3-4 minutes or till it turns crispy.
- Now, remove the makhana from the fire and let it cool for sometimes. Once it cools down, blend it in a mixture to a coarse powder and keep it aside.
- Boil the milk in a pan and add sugar in it. Keep stirring it continuously till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add crushed makhana to the milk. Now cook this mixture for 15-20 minutes or till the milk reduces to half.
- Lastly, add few saffron strands and nutmeg powder in the milk. Mix it well and allow it to cook for further 1-2 minutes before turning off the heat. Once it cools down, refrigerate the kheer for at least 1 hour before serving.
- And now, garnish the kheer with your favourite dry fruits.
#2. Pineapple Sheera
Sheera is yet another dish which is loved by all, so make this tangy flavoured dish within minutes and amaze your new family.
- Fresh pineapple purée – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Semolina (rava) – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Almonds for garnishing
- Heat ghee in a pan, add rava in it and stir it continuously for 2-3 minutes or till it turns slightly brown.
- Add pineapple puree and water in rava. Make sure to stir the mixture continuously so that no lumps are formed. Now, cook the mixture for 3-4 minutes.
- Lastly, add sugar in the sheera and mix well.
Now, serve the pineapple sheera piping hot after garnishing it with almonds.
If you are worried about stacking on kilos, check out these 5 egg white dessert recipes for health conscious brides.
#3. Maple Soufflé
Image Courtesy: Babble.com
With just two ingredients, surprise everyone in your new family!
- Eggs – 2
- Maple syrup - 1/3 cup
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F. Separate the egg white and yolk. Now, whisk maple syrup and egg yolks properly.
- Beat egg white till it becomes light and fluffy. Then pour and fold the maple syrup mixture into this egg white mixture.
- Lastly, pour this mixture into separate cups or ramekins and place them on the baking sheet. Now, place this baking sheet into the oven and bake your maple soufflé for 10 minute at 375 degree or until puffed up.
And voila! The mouth-watering soufflé is now ready to be served.
#4. Chocolate Ice Cream
You just need 3 ingredients to make this yummy one!
- Condensed Milk – 1/2 can
- Cocoa powder – 3 tsp
- Sour cream – 1 cup
- Mix condensed milk and cocoa powder.
- Whip sour cream nicely and then slowly add milk and cocoa powder mixture to it.
- Now, pour this mixture into plastic tub and freeze it for at least 3 hours.
And then enjoy the chocolate ice cream as much as you want!
Must Read: 6 Quick And Delicious Breakfast Recipes To Kick-Start Your Day
#5. Apple Walnut Kheer
Yet another variation of kheer which is simple and totally yum.
- Grated apple (unpeeled) –1/4 cup
- Chopped walnuts – 2 tsp
- Low -fat milk – 1 1/2 cup
- Oats – 1 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Mix all ingredients in a pan and bring the mixture to boil while stirring it occasionally.
- Cook the mixture for 10-15 minutes or till you get the desired consistency.
Now, serve the kheer warm or chilled, whichever way you like it.
#6. Almond Payasam
This badam kheer in South Indian style is sure to get everyone drooling.
- Almonds – 3/4 cup
- Milk – 5 cups
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom (optional) – ½ tsp
- Nutmeg (optional) – 1 tsp
- Saffron – 1 tsp
- Dry fruits for garnishing
- Soak the almonds in water for 2 hrs. Peel it and grind it into fine paste. Keep it aside.
- Boil the milk till it reduces to ¾ of its quantity, while stirring continuously.
- Add almond paste, sugar, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and saffron to the milk and mix well. Simmer the mixture for 5-8 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Once the almond payasam cools, refrigerate it for at least 2 hours.
Garnish with your favourite dry fruits before serving the chilled payasam.
And if you are on a diet, checkout these 8 tasty snacks to satisfy your sweet tooth while on a diet.
#7. Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Ripe bananas – 4
- Peanut butter – 2 tsp
- Peel the banana, slice them into 1/2 inch disc, arrange the slices on a tray and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Now, blend the banana till it becomes creamy and smooth.
- Add peanut butter in the banana puree and mix well.
- Lastly, refrigerate the banana peanut butter ice cream for 1-2 hours or till it becomes hard.
And your delicious ice cream is now ready to be served.
#8. Mango Mousse
This easy to make sweet dish is sure to make you the kitchen queen in no time!
- Mango puree – 1 cup
- Whipped cream – 1 cup
- Mango slices/pieces for garnishing
- Beat cream till light and fluffy.
- Fold mango puree into the whipped cream nicely.
- Scoop the mango mousse into the serving bowls or glasses and refrigerate it till 3 hours or until set.
And, your delicious mango mousse is now ready to be served. Do garnish it with mango pieces or slices or puree for the tempting look.
Didn't we tell you these desserts are easy to make and remember? So, all you new brides, do not worry about the first sweet dish anymore, just choose one of these and watch the magic unfold. And yeah, do not forget to share your experience with us.
Next Read: 5 Hot Trends In Wedding Videos Right Now That You Must Know About