By Rishabh Naudiyal Last Updated:
Mumbai Police arrested London-based businessman and actress, Shilpa Shetty's husband, Raj Kundra, in a case of alleged production and the making of pornographic content on July 19, 2021. The incident has shocked and divided the entire entertainment industry, while some celebs like Sagrika Shona and Puneet Kaur favour Raj's arrest. Some celebrities like Rakhi Sawant and Gehana Vasisth are still standing tall with their full support to him and his wife, Shilpa Shetty Kundra.
Popular actress, Poonam Pandey also has now reacted to Raj Kundra's arrest in the alleged production of the pornographic content and talked about her 2019 criminal case filed against him in the Bombay High Court.
In an interview with ETimes, Poonam Pandey was asked to share her views on Bollywood actress, Shilpa Shetty Kundra's husband and London-based businessman, Raj Kundra's arrest in a case related to the production of pornographic content. The actress clearly stated that more than anything, her heart goes out to Raj's wife, Shilpa Shetty and their two little kids, Viaan and Samisha. Poonam said, "At this moment my heart goes out to Shilpa Shetty and her kids. I can't imagine what she must be going through." The model also added that she doesn't want to use this incident as an opportunity to share her past differences with Raj Kundra. She added, "I refuse to use this opportunity to highlight my trauma."
When Poonam Pandey was asked to recall the case, she had registered in the Bombay High Court against Raj Kundra in 2019, the actress only stated the facts instead of diving deep inside her old war against the businessman. Reflecting on the same, she stated, "The only thing I'll add is that I have filed a police complaint in 2019 against Raj Kundra and subsequently registered a case at the honourable high court of Bombay against him for fraud and theft."
However, Poonam Pandey clearly stated that both the matters are completely different, and also, the matter is under judicial consideration. That is why it is illegal for anyone to talk about it publically. She explained, "This matter is sub judice, hence I would prefer to limit my statements. Also, I have full faith in our police and the judicial process."
For the unversed, Poonam Pandey had filed a case against Raj Kundra and his business associates back in 2019. The actress had also claimed that Raj and his team had allegedly used her content even after the termination of their contract. In an interview with ETimes in 2019, Poonam had talked about her criminal complaint against Raj and his company. She had revealed that people had started asking her for explicit services. The actress had also added that she had left India for three months because of this traumatic phase.
Poonam Pandey had said, "They continue to post my pictures and videos on the app. To my horror, they also leaked my personal mobile number along with messages like 'Call me now as I am free to talk' and 'Call me now. Let us talk and I will strip for you' on the app. After that, I started receiving calls from all over, not in dozens but thousands, at odd hours, asking me for explicit services. People started sending me pornographic images and videos."
After some months, in an interview with Bombay Times, Raj Kundra had reacted to Poonam Pandey's criminal complaint against him and had refrained from all the severe claims registered by the model against him. He had said, "I had invested in a company called Armsprime Media last year, which makes apps for celebrities. I am not aware of the petition as I exited the venture in December 2019 with a sale to the current shareholders."
Raj Kundra is reportedly under police remand till July 23, 2021.