When you talk about the beauty of South Indian women, a few things that come to mind are their lustrous hair, flawless skin, and big, beautiful eyes, right? And, somewhere down the line, even you wish to have such a flawless beauty, replete with a thick mane of hair, smooth skin and clear eyes. Isn't it?
Well, here is the good news. You can now know their beauty secrets and follow them to get a perfect look. Just read on to know all about it.
Recommended Read: 4 Amazing Benefits Of Coconut Oil For A Naturally Glowing And Healthy Skin
#1. For hair
Coconut is the main beauty ingredient for South Indian women. And why not, this fruit is rich in minerals, vitamins, fibre and many other nutrients. Well, here is how you can use this wonder fruit to get thick hair:
- Massage coconut oil on your scalp regularly, and wash it the next day.
- If you can, then leave oil on for one whole day before washing it off with a mild shampoo.
- Use coconut milk as hair conditioner. All you need to do is to take one to two tablespoons of coconut milk on your palm and apply it on your hair as the conditioner for a few minutes before rinsing it off. Within few weeks, your hair will become smooth and shiny.
How to treat your dull hair:
- Wash your hair with water regularly and apply shampoo only twice a week. Avoid shampoos that are laden with chemicals. Instead, use natural shampoos that have herbs like brahmi and amla (READ) in it.
- To treat dull hair, you can also apply curd on it and leave for a few minutes before washing it.
Also Read: Best Yoga Exercises To Get Long And Black Hair
#2. For eyes
Apart from using Kajal (kohl), South Indian women apply sesame oil on their feet to get dark, mesmerising eyes. It is known to prevent reddening of eyes as well as insomnia.
How to apply sesame oil for beautiful eyes:
- Use cold-pressed sesame oil on the soles of your feet before going to bed.
- Massage it vigorously beginning from the toes of your feet to the heels.
Recommended Read: 8 Mascara Mistakes You Are Making And What You Should Actually Be Doing
#3. For glowing skin
And, how do they get glowing skin? Well, they get it with regular usage of coconut or sesame oil massage. Oil massaging stimulates blood circulation, giving you supple and glowing skin. And, since sesame oil has natural antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties, it does wonders for your skin.
How to use coconut/sesame oil to get glowing skin:
- Massage your body with coconut oil before sleeping or a few minutes before taking bath.
- For using sesame oil, all you need to do is warm half a cup of it in a pan on stove till it reaches boiling point. As soon as it begins to boil, remove it from gas and add two basil leaves, five cloves, an inch of grated ginger and one tablespoon turmeric powder. Let it cool and stay like this for one day before straining the oil and using it.
Must Read: 10 Effective Home Remedies To Treat Wrinkles Using Coconut Oil
#4. For face
Another product which is extensively used in South India is rose water. Since it has antiseptic properties, it acts as a natural cleanser for face. Even whole milk is used as a face toner by women. The lactic acid and fat in the milk in fact, nourishes the skin deeply. Apart from these two ingredients, yoghurt and papaya paste is used as a mask for hydrated and glowing skin.
How to use these ingredients for getting glowing face:
- Add two cups of rose petals to one and a half cup of boiled water. After it cools down, keep it in the fridge for two days. Then mash the petals in water to remove its essential oil, and then strain it. Pour this water in a jar and add two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice to keep the rose water fresher for longer period. Use the water as and when needed.
- After drying the zest of two oranges, grind them into a coarse powder. Now, pour one cup of whole milk in a jar, and add the orange powder. Shake it gently before storing it in the fridge and use as needed. After applying this concoction on face, wait for a few minutes before washing it off.
- To make a mask, mix two tablespoons of papaya paste with two tablespoons of plain yoghurt (full fat) and apply thin layer on your face. Let the mask stay for 10 to 20 minutes or till it dries, and remove it with a warm and damp cloth.
Apart from these, doing yoga, using ayurvedic face packs and following a disciplined lifestyle are a few of the other things, which also help in enhancing your overall beauty. So, ladies what are you waiting for? Steal these ideas and incorporate them in your daily beauty routine to get gorgeous naturally.
NEXT READ: 10 Types Of Photos Every Indian Bride Must Have In Her Wedding Album