As the newlywed bride of the house, cooking a sweet dish is a tradition that has been there in India for ages. It is believed that the bride's house will be just as sweet as the dessert she chooses to cook. If that is true, why not cook something that is sweet and healthy both?
We know that you want to be the best for your new family. So, start your journey with these simple, healthy and delicious oatmeal desserts that you can whip up in minutes, and make every taste bud and heart happy and healthy!
Recommended Read: Everything You Need To Know About Banana And Milk Diet
1. Double apple crumble
This is one dessert that looks fancy but is a piece of cake when it comes to making it. It is delicious and healthy at the same time. We are sure it will win everyone's heart with its yummy fragrance first and then taste.
- 5 cups sliced apples
- 3 tablespoons apple butter
- 2 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup regular oats (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon chilled butter
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Coat apple with apple butter and lay them on a baking sheet.
- In a separate bowl, mix cinnamon, salt, flour, sugar and oats.
- Add butter and rub it using your fingers to form a mixture that looks like a coarse meal.
- Add chopped walnut in it the mixture.
- Sprinkle the mixture on the buttered apple slices.
- Preheat the oven at 375*C.
- Bake the apples at the same temperature for about 45 minutes.
- Serve it hot.
2. Oatmeal-cranberry muffins
Impress your family with some English tadka. Make these easy and healthy oatmeal cranberry muffins along with either some fresh cream or warm jam. Make your tea time with your new family worth remembering.
You May Also Like: Healthy Alternatives For Junk Foods In 9 Different Cuisines
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup apple sauce/apple jam
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dried and sweetened cranberries
- Line a muffin tray with some cooking oil.
- Mix oats, flours, sugar, baking powder, spices, and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl whisk water, oil, apple sauce/jam, and eggs.
- Combine both the mixtures together, add cranberries and mix well.
- Distribute batter evenly into a pan.
- Pre-heated the oven at 350*C and bake it until for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Your muffins are ready to eat!
3. Oats kheer
Kheer is something that every Indian bride makes for her in-laws. Give your regular kheer a desi twist by replacing the carbohydrates with oats. Serve this healthy kheer hot and bag the appreciation!
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ghee
- 4 cups milk
- 3-4 cardamoms
- A few saffron strands
- Some almonds and pistachios
- Roast the dry fruits in 1 teaspoon of ghee.
- Crush the seeds of the cardamom.
- In the same pan add rest of the ghee and roast oats in it until they turn golden brown.
- Add two cups of milk and cook over low flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the rest of the milk and sugar in it.
- Cook well and garnish it with saffron and dry fruits.
P.S.: You can make this recipe even healthier by using jaggery instead of sugar.
Check Out: 6 Foods That Do More Harm Than Good If Eaten At The Wrong Time
4. Oat-rice chikki
Chikkis are almost everone's favourite desserts. These super-crispy ones will make you a star at your new home. Make these powerhouse of protein with a twist by using oatmeal and there you go!
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3/4 cup honey
- 6 cups puffed rice
- 2/3 cup chopped raisins
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Heat peanut butter and honey in a pan at low flame for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add rest of the ingredients in it and mix well.
- Line a tray with oil and flatten the mixture on it in a rectangular shape.
- Place it in refrigerator and let it cool down for 35-40 minutes.
- Now cut it into squares and serve.
5. Baked oatmeal cookies
This is a simple one pan recipe that tastes heavenly. This gooey oatmeal bake is easy on the stomach and heavy on the taste buds!
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 large beaten egg
- 2 teaspoon oil
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls.
- Then, mix these two together.
- Line a baking tray with oil and add the mixture to it.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes and serve warm!
Recommended Read: Beauty And Health Benefits Of Desi Ghee
With these quick and healthy oatmeal desserts, we are sure that you will be able to win everyone's heart. And all of this without compromising the taste or the health. Isn't that amazing guys?