What’s a sangeet without some music, dance and lots of booze? We love to hold our glasses high and set the stage on fire. Right?
Enter the venue of a sangeet or a cocktail night and you will see a colourful world of various cocktails. Whether it is the pink tint of a cosmopolitan and the depth of a Long Island Ice Tea, we have enjoyed every shade and drop of it. This time introduce your guests to some hatke cocktails and make your wedding celebrations memorable!
Recommended Read: 8 Innovative Cocktail Bars That You Must Have At Your Wedding
#1. Not Mama’s Aam Panna
Give your regular aam panna a tipsy twist and your guests will end up wanting it more and more.
- 1 medium raw mango (sour one)
- Black salt (according to taste)
- Salt (according to taste)
- Cardamom powder (according to taste)
- Black pepper powder (optional)
- Few strands of saffron
- Sugar (according to taste)
- White Rum
- Boil the mangoes and blend the pulp.
- Add all the ingredients other than white rum and ice in the pulp.
- Now pour some of the mango concentration in a glass, add some ice and top it up with white rum.
- Stir and serve.
#2. Cucumber Cooler
If you are having a summer wedding, this drink will keep your guests cool and refreshed so that they can dance till the end.
- 2 half-inch slices of cucumber
- 8 leaves fresh cilantro
- 1 3/4 ounce gin
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
Muddle cucumber, cilantro, and chili in a cocktail shaker and add gin, lime, and simple syrup to it. Pour it into a glass filled with ice and garnish with cucumber slices.
Also Read: 6 Easy Ways To Remain Calm And Stress-Free On Your Wedding Day
#3. Tea Time
If your guests ask for tea, surprise them with this not so desi chai.
- 4 masala chai tea bags (can use vanilla chai or mocha chai tea for variety)
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 ounce of vodka (can use the flavoured vodkas)
- 1 ounce of your favourite liqueurs
- Crushed ice
- Freshly ground nutmeg for garnish
- Brew some tea and refrigerate it for about 30 minutes.
- In a shaker, add half a cup of the chilled tea, vodka and other flavoured liqueurs (hazelnut and coconut work best).
- Add the crushed ice and shake well. Strain the drink into a chilled martini glass. Add some nutmeg for garnish.
#4. Sharabi Lassi
Indians have a weakness for lassi and this one will only deepen this love. This is a simple cocktail that can satiate the thirst of the masses.
- 45 ml Coconut rum
- 60 ml Mango lassi
- 25 ml Bailey's Irish cream
Mix all the ingredients and serve in those humongous lassi glasses.
Must Read: 8 Incredible Ways To Add Mehendi Designs To Your Wedding Celebrations
#5. Vodka Shikanji
If you love mojito, you are going to love this Vodka shikanji more. This thirst quenching drink is amazing.
- 60 ml Vodka
- 30ml Lime juice
- 45 ml Sugar syrup
- 8-10 Mint leaves
- 1 tbsp shikanji Salt
- Ice as required
Blend all the ingredients together and serve without straining in a salt rimmed glass.
Move over martini, jamuntini is here to rock this sangeet
- 60 ml London dry gin
- 5-6 Jamun: 5-6
- 10 ml Lime juice
- 15 ml Sugar syrup
- Salt to rim
Muddle the jamuns and add all the ingredients except salt in the muddler. Shake well and serve chilled in a salt-rimmed martini glass.
Recommended Read: Top Indian Wedding Choreographers To Follow On YouTube For A Rocking Sangeet Performance
#7. Tamarind Twist
That tangy flavour of tamarind, when mixed with alcohol, makes every tongue click and every feet tap.
- 1 1/2 ounces Blanco tequila
- 1 1/2 ounces tamarind nectar
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
Pour all the ingredients other than the ginger ale in a tall glass. Top it up with ginger ale. Stir and serve.
#8. Kokam Fun
This is a drink that will take you back to the childhood. The kokam flavour works wonder here.
- 15ml Gin
- 15ml Vodka
- 15ml Desmondji Pure cane rum
- 15ml Desmondji 51% agave spirit
- 15ml Desmondji Orange liqueur
- 30ml Kokum syrup
- 8 Peppercorns
- 2 Lime wedges
- ½ Starfruit, sliced
- Sprite/7Up to top
- Muddle pepper, lemon wedges and starfruit together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except 7Up in it and shake.
- Pour it into a glass and top it up with 7Up.
Also Read: 14 Sizzling Bollywood Divas Who Married In Their 30s
#9. Jaggery’s Jagger
Jaggery helps in detoxification. Now you have a reason to drink this cocktail even more!
- 50 ml Dark Rum
- 10 ml Orange liqueur
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- 10 gm Jaggery
- 60 ml Apple Juice
- 30ml Tamarind Water
- Muddle together sweet lime and jaggery
- Add rest of the ingredients and top the shaker up with ice
- Now shake and serve chilled.
#10. Paan Banaras Vala
This cocktail will give you the taste of the Banarasi paan and the kick on gin’s flavour.
- 60ml Gin
- 2-3 pieces dried betel leaves
- 10ml Lime juice
- Muddle paan leaves in lime juice
- Add gin and ice. Shake well and serve
Recommended Read: 10 Must-Have Mouth-Watering Street Foods In Your Wedding Menu
This fusion of firangi drinks and desi flavours will be the use of your sangeet or cocktail nights. Keep the taxis ready because your guests might need it more after sipping on these hatke cocktails.