Diwali is nothing without sweets and as the new bride, we are sure, that you would want to impress your in-laws with some expert cooking skills. Whether you are a good cook or not, for a busy occasion like Diwali, one needs quick fixes for sure.
Here are some easy to make Diwali special desserts that all the nayi bahus can make for her new family.
Recommended Read: 5 Famous TV And Bollywood Celeb Couples And Their First Diwali Look
#1. Coconut ladoo
Coconut ladoo is an all-time favourite Diwali sweet. The natural sweetness of coconut when meets the goodness of milk, it creates a heavenly combo. Make these ladoos in less than 10 minutes.
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2 tsp ghee
- 2 tbsp condensed milk
- In a pan, roast coconut to remove excess moisture but make sure that it does not change its colour.
- Add milk and sugar to it and stir until the mixture becomes dry.
- Add ghee and condensed milk to it and stir regularly until the mixture leaves the sides.
- Let the mixture cool and then make ladoos with it. Roll them in desiccated coconut.
#2. Peanut chikki
Peanut brittle or peanut chikki is not only easy to make but also has a long shelf life. Make them in 15 minutes and enjoy them for months.
1 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- In a pan, put some caramelised sugar and then add water to it. Let the mixture cool a little and add peanuts to it.
- In a greased pan, lay a thick layer of peanut mixture and decorate it with diluted peanut butter.
- Cut it into pieces and serve to your loved ones.
#3. Shahi tukda
As the new bride, impress your in-laws with a rich and royal sweet like shahi tukda. With minimal efforts, you can make everyone a fan of your cooking skills.
5 slices of bread
- Ghee for frying
- a few drops of rosewater
- Saffron strands
- 4 tbsp of condensed milk
- Cut bread slices into triangular pieces and fry them in ghee.
- Mix condensed milk with saffron and rose water and pour over the bread slices.
You May Also Like: 8 Awesome Ways To Give Your Living Room A Makeover Without Spending A Bomb On The Decor
#4. Rich dry fruits chocolates
Chocolates are loved by all. These dry fruit chocolates are perfect to be served to your in-laws as return gifts for friends and neighbours too!
- 1 cup of chopped roasted dry fruits (almonds, pistachios, walnuts and cashew nuts)
- 150 gms of dark and milk chocolates
- Microwave chocolate for a minute and stir.
- Add dry fruits to the chocolate and freeze it in any shape that you want. Your homemade chocolates are ready.
#5. Pista burfi
Amaze your in-laws on your first Diwali post-marriage with traditional pista burfi. The only difference is that this recipe of pista burfi is easy to make.
- 2 cups of pistachios
- 1/4 cup of grated fresh coconut
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of cardamom powder
- Soak pistachios for half an hour in lukewarm water and then blend them.
- Stir in sugar with water and make a 2 string consistency syrup.
- Add in the cardamom powder, pistachio mixture and coconut to the mix and stir it on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a greased tin and cut into pieces once it cools down.
#6. Pineapple sandesh
Pineapple sandesh is one of the sweetest desserts that you can ever serve to someone. You can make it in less than 10 minutes.
- 4 canned pineapple slices
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 tbsp organic honey
- Cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- Blend together fresh cream, cottage cheese, honey and orange zest into a smooth paste.
- Top the pineapple pieces with this paste and decorate it with saffron, rose petals and dry fruit slivers.
Don't Miss: 7 Easiest Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall In Your House
#7. Microwave peda
This is one of the easiest and the best dessert a bride can try and impress her in-laws.
- 2 cups of milk powder
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 tbsp cardamom powder
- A few drops of yellow food colour
- Pistachios for garnishing
- In a bowl, add butter, milk powder and condensed milk and microwave it for 1 minute.
- Add cardamom powder to the mixture and stir vigorously. Microwave and stir the mixture at least 5 more times.
- Stop when the mixture begins to leave the sides.
- Let the mixture cool and then make pedas using your palms. Add pistachios on the top.
Recommended Read: Steal The Show This Diwali By Keeping These Fashion Tricks In Mind To Look Super-Stylish
These are some delicious desserts, which you can cook up in less than 30 minutes. With just a few ingredients and a few minutes, you can rule this Diwali as the new queen of the kitchen. Surprise your in-laws with something sweet on this Diwali.