To look the most beautiful is what every bride wants on her wedding day. She wants her makeup to be impeccable and flawless. While it is already a task to settle on a makeup artist, these days, brides find it difficult to choose the type of makeup too. There are so many options available in the market that brides often find themselves in the dilemma.
The two most sought-after makeup styles that are ruling the makeup world right now are HD makeup and Airbrush makeup. If you are torn between these two, we have decoded both styles so that you can choose one that suits your style.
Airbrush make up
It is a newer technique in which makeup is applied to the face using special equipment. Liquid makeup products are sprayed directly on the face using a special airbrush. This ensures an even coating of the makeup.
Most of the products are silicon-based and non-transferable. Let's decode this makeup technique:
- Since most of the products are silicon-based, this makeup can stay on for a very long duration.
- It is a blessing for the brides who have oily skin as airbrush products have mattifying agents.
- It creates a light layer of makeup on your skin which will not only make your photos look flawless but also wouldn't make your face look like a pancake of makeup.
- Airbrush makeup is more water-resistant than any other form of makeup.
HD make up
With the coming of high definition cameras, your cracks and other lines are exposed to the lens more than ever. To make sure that the bride looks flawless in her wedding pictures, makeup artists have come up with HD makeup that gives the bride a natural look while hiding her flaws.
HD makeup has reflective particles like mica, quartz, silicon or crystals which diffuses the light and creates an illusion of even-looking skin. You can read the pros and cons of HD makeup below:
- HD makeup is not about creating layers of makeup but the use of good quality reflective products. Thus, your makeup never looks cakey.
- HD makeup is sheer. It hides your flaws, uneven texture of the skin and other un-telegenic flaws without taking away your natural beauty. You can see the skin through the makeup.
- Some special makeup products have mattifying agents which prevent unwanted shine in the oilier complexions. This way, the makeup wouldn't come off because of the natural oils of the skin.
- There are moisturiser based products too which settle in the cracks and creases of dry skin and give it a plump and well-nourished look.
- You do not need special equipment for it. You can do the touch-up yourself with the help of a simple makeup brush.
- It leaves minimal residues and covers even the most stubborn marks on the face.
Now that you have read about the two much-in-demand makeup techniques, let us help you decide on choosing one.
- While both HD and airbrush makeup will help you to cover your flaws, HD makeup will give you a softer finish while hiding even the smallest spots which is not possible with airbrush makeup.
- HD makeup gives you an almost translucent effect without letting your cracks and creases appear but airbrush makeup, if not done right, can do just the opposite.
- Not only HD makeup is cheaper, but it is also suitable for all skin types whereas airbrush makeup will look flaky on brides with dry skin.
- Airbrush makeup lasts longer than HD makeup and is water resilient.
- HD makeup brings out your features while airbrush makeup can make your face look flat!
Finally, the airbrush makeup that sees on the cover of the magazines is a result of photoshop. It will burn a big hole in your pocket and wouldn't give you the desired result. HD make up wins the race with a lot of points. So, no matter what kind of skin you have, HD makeup will help you look like the most beautiful bride on the most important day of your life.
Images Courtesy: KritiDS