Simple Tips That Can Make 'Mehendi' Dark And Long-Lasting For Karwa Chauth 2021
The beautiful design of 'mehendi' and its colour holds a special significance for every girl. And, a dark 'mehendi' is what every girl desires. So, let us give you some really simple and cool tips to make it dark and long-lasting.
By Parul Singh Last Updated: Oct 23, 2021 | 18:43:12 IST
The beautiful design of mehendi (henna) and its colour holds a special significance for every girl. It is believed that the darker the colour of the girl's mehendi, the more love she will get from her partner. On the other hand, some people also believe that the girl with a dark-coloured mehendi gets immense love from her mother-in-law. Well, whatever the case may be, a dark mehendi is what every Indian girl desires. Mehendi is the favourite of most of the girls, and they just need a reason to adorn their beautiful hands with henna.
One such function or festival on which every married woman loves to apply mehendi is none other than Karwa Chauth. And, if you are also going to adorn your hands with a beautiful mehendi design this Karwa Chauth, then let us give you some really simple and cool tips for making it dark and long-lasting.
Recommended Read: Karwa Chauth Outfit Ideas For Plus-Size Brides Who Are Celebrating Their First Fast After Marriage
Things not to do before and while applying mehendi
- Avoid drinking too much liquid just before or while applying mehendi.
- Do not sit in the sun while the mehendi is being applied.
- Do not move your hands up and down or sideways to dry your mehendi quicker. It might get spread by doing so. Also, do not hop around or dance with wet mehendi as it will get smudged.
Also Check: Latest And Trending 'Mehendi' Designs, Fasting Ladies Can Flaunt On Karwa Chauth 2021
- Do not blow-dry your mehendi under any circumstances. This may smudge your design and ruin it.
- Do not shave or wax your arms and legs after applying mehendi. It will scrape off the upper layer of your skin, and the mehendi design will look faded. To ensure that you do not need any beauty treatment like manicure, pedicure and waxing done after the mehendi has been applied, get these things done just three to four days before the ceremony.
Things to do for long-lasting and dark mehendi
- To get the best results, it is suggested to apply mehendi at least 24 to 48 hours before it.
- Keep the mehendi on your hand for a minimum of seven to eight hours and a maximum of 12 hours.
- You can take ‘clove steam’ to get that rich and dark colour. All you have to do is to warm a few cloves in a pan and run your hands over the smoke. But remember, as soon as the steam starts hurting, just pull your hands back.
- After your mehendi dries a bit, dab a mixture of lemon juice and sugar on it with a cotton ball a few times. You can also spread some powdered sugar on the lemon, and directly apply it to the mehendi.
Also Read: The Significance Of Mehendi Ceremony Every Girl Should Know Before She Gets Married
- Once your mehendi dries completely, rub it off and apply any balm or cooking oil on your hands and feet.
- Cover your hands with a cling film, bandage or any other similar thing, while going to sleep or while performing any other ceremony.
You May Also Like: 14 Creative And Unique Ways To Hide Your Husband's Name In Mehendi And Let Him Find It
Things not to do for long-lasting and dark mehendi
- Do not overuse the lemon and sugar solution, as it may dilute the mehendi paste and spoil the design.
- Do not remove your mehendi with soap and water. In fact, try to stay away from water for at least 12 hours after removing it.
So ladies, just follow these smart tips as you get ready to adorn your hands and feet with beautiful mehendi. Believe us; these small things will surely get a rich and dark colour on your special day. And, if you have some more tips, then don’t hesitate to share them with us.
Next Read: From Caricatures To Moving Doli, 60 Creative Full Hands Bridal Mehendi Designs