Spotting a grey strand on your head can be one of the most devastating things you can experience in your life, as it implies the end of your young days (usually, that is)! However, with our busy lifestyles and hectic routines, greying of hair is becoming a common thing in people even in their early 20s; shocking, but true! It could be because of stress, too much exposure to pollution and the sun, excessive consumption of tea, coffee or alcohol, or it could also be genetic. But whatever may be the cause, the effects of its onset can be serious confidence breakers. So, we thought of helping you out with this problem called greying of hair. Here are some home remedies to get rid of unwanted white hair
Recommended Read: 6 Yesteryear Divas' Ramp Looks For Your Mother To Look Like A Queen On Your Wedding Day
#1. Curry leaves and buttermilk
- Take 9-10 curry leaves and crush them properly to make a paste.
- Next, take half a cup of buttermilk and mix the curry leaves paste with it.
- Apply this mixture on the roots of your hair covering the entire head and let it dry for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo and repeat the process twice a week for delaying greying of hair.
#2. Amla and methi seeds (fenugreek)
- Take two teaspoons of fenugreek seeds and grind them nicely.
- In a pan, take about half a cup of coconut oil and heat 2 amlas (Indian gooseberry) in it for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Now strain and cool the oil and add the fenugreek powder to it.
- Apply this oil to the scalp and gently massage for 10 minutes.
- Let the oil work its magic overnight and wash it off early in the morning for best results.
Check It Out: 10 Super Foods That Will Protect You From The Sun In Summers
#3. Sesame seed oil and almond oil
- Add sesame oil and almond oil in a 1:4 ratio respectively (one teaspoon of sesame oil and 4 of almond oil).
- Apply the mixed oil on your scalp and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off thoroughly with running water.
#4. Wheat germ with milk
- Take two coarsely ground tablespoons of wheat germ in a bowl.
- Add milk to it to form a paste.
- Apply this paste on your scalp for 15 minutes and wash off with tap water.
Want to know how else milk can work wonders for your skin? Click HERE.
#5. Black pepper and curd
- In half a cup of fresh curd, add 1 small teaspoon of powdered black pepper.
- To this, add a few drops of lime juice.
- Mix it nicely and apply this blend to your scalp. Let it dry for about 25 minutes.
- After that, massage your hair with your fingertips and wash it off with a mild shampoo.
#6. Onion and lemon juice
- Take 2 tablespoons of onion juice (you can also use onion paste).
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to it and mix well.
- Massage this mixture on your scalp and leave it to dry for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with a shampoo and repeat the process thrice a week.
Also Read: 7 Incredible Lemon Face Masks To Get Flawless And Glowing Skin Naturally
#7. Black tea and salt
- Take one tablespoon of black tea and boil it in one glass of water.
- Add a small spoon of salt to it. Let the water cool and strain it.
- Pour this water on your head and leave it to dry for about half an hour.
- Wash it off after 30 minutes and repeat the process every alternate day.
#8. Ridge gourd/torai and coconut oil
- Take two slender pieces of torai. Peel and dice them and keep them in the sun to dry.
- Now take one cup of coconut oil and soak the diced torai in it for three days.
- After three days, boil the oil for 5 to 7 minutes and allow it to cool.
- Strain the oil and store it in a clean and dry bottle.
Use this oil to massage your hair every alternate day before going to bed and wash off your hair in the morning. It takes some efforts to prepare this oil, but the results are really worth it.
Must See: 10 Surprisingly Easy And Chic Hairstyles Of Alia Bhatt You Should Definitely Try
#9. Rosemary and sage
- Take around 2 cups of water and put it in a pan to boil.
- When the water starts to boil, add half cup each of rosemary and sage to it and allow the water to simmer for another 25 minutes.
- Now let it cool and apply the reduced concoction on your hair. After it dries up completely, use a mild herbal shampoo to wash it off
This will not only reduce and delay greying of hair, but will also promote hair growth.
- Take 2 teaspoons of chamomile powder and boil it with one glass of water.
- On the affected areas, apply this regularly.
It will not make the already grey hair black, but will delay further greying.
Recommended Read: 7 Rejuvenating DIY Body Bath Scrubs That Will Give You Smooth Skin In No Time
Along with this, taking a protein rich diet, including sprouts and carrot juice in your diet and avoiding harsh chemicals on your hair will make your hair beautiful, shiny and less prone to greying. Try to lead a healthy, nutritious, stress-free and happy life to say goodbye to premature greying forever!