Backless or strapless dresses are very much in trend, and we all want to wear them on some or the other occasion. But, before stepping out in this sexy outfit, you need to make sure that you have a toned upper back. This is because the back fat can spoil the whole look of your backless or strapless dress. And you definitely wouldn’t want that, right? Toned and sexy back always complements such revealing dresses.
Recommended Read: 7 Reasons Why Jumping Rope Is The Best Exercise For You
So, if you want to know what all you can do to get rid of your back fat or bra bulge, here are some of the best workouts for your help.
We all know that push-ups are ideal for toning the arms, but what is lesser known is that they are great for reducing back fat. Follow these steps to do push-ups rightly:
- Just place your hands on the floor (in line with your chest); your feet together, making a straight line from head to heel (also called plank position).
- Now, push up till your hands are absolutely straight.
- Return to the starting position after that.
- Do as many repetitions you can, but just be sure to maintain a correct posture.
Also Read: Exercise Cheat Sheet For Lazy People To Lose Weight
#2. Dumbbell one-point row
Here is another workout for you to get toned upper back:
- Hold the dumbbells in hands, and then slowly raise your right foot backwards in such a way that your right leg and chest are parallel to the floor.
- Now, pull the dumbbells straight up to your sides and then push it down slowly.
- Switch the legs after eight repetitions and do the same with the left leg.
#3. Swiss ball Y-raise
You would require an exercise ball to perform this workout.
- Lie on the ball with face down and toes on the floor.
- Now, keep your back straight and make sure that the ball is placed below your chest. Let your arms hang loosely on the ground with palms facing each other.
- Then, raise your arms at 30-degree angle from your body, so that it forms a Y and keep raising them till they are in line with your body.
- Hold your hands in that position for a few seconds before lowering back to the starting position. Do 10 repetitions.
You May Like: This Diet And Exercise Plan Guarantees A Flat Belly In Just A Week
You will surely feel like one superhero with this workout. Just follow these simple steps to do this fun workout:
- Lie in face-down posture on the floor, and spread your legs and arms.
- Now, raise your head, right arm and left leg to about three inches.
- Hold this position for few seconds before getting back to the starting position.
- Repeat the same with left arm and right leg.
- Once you are comfortable with this, do this by lifting both your hands and legs at the same time. Do eight to ten repetitions of this workout for best results.
#5. Opposite arm and leg balance
Even though this exercise could not be termed as fairly easy, but we have incorporated it here for if done regularly this exercise can do wonders for your back! Let’s see how it’s done:
- Lie down on a flat surface with knees and hands on the floor, with your palms flat.
- Make sure that your knees are right-angled to the surface and are also shoulder-width apart.
- Now, slowly raise your right arm and left leg. Hold the position for 5 seconds and then return to the original position.
- Repeat this and do 5 reps in total.
Suggested Read: Regular Exercise Gives Body A Complete Makeover; 7 Hidden Benefits Of Daily Exercising
#6. Split stance extension
For this exercise, you need to:
- Bend your hands behind your neck.
- Ensure that your original position maintains a linearity between chest, knees and toes.
- Now, slowly bend your head forwards, and simultaneously move one of your legs backwards.
- Come back to the original position, and repeat the process with the other leg.
#7. Kneeling rear fly
This is a simple exercise to get a toned and sexy back. All that you need to do is:
- Take a pair of dumbbells or even a single dumbbell. Sit down on the floor with your knees bent.
- Make sure that your knees and shoulders are in alignment and the entire body is right-angled to the floor.
- Taking the support of one hand, stretch out the other hand and hold it like that for 1 count.
- Continue doing the same for 15 counts, and switch your hands.
Frequently Asked Questions
#1. How to shape your back?
Follow any of the above-mentioned exercises, and you will see an amazing transformation in your back posture. Even if you strictly decide and do one exercise on a regular basis, clearly you'll be able to sexily flaunt your back within a month.
#2. How to get a sexier body?
A sexy body doesn't necessarily mean beautiful face, long and dark hair and brilliant eyes (as is the common notion). A body with a good posture can safely be termed as sexy. So, to get a sexier body you need a sexier back (among other things), and to get that you need to start the exercises.
#3. How to get a nice back curve?
For women, getting a nice back curve is fairly easy. Simple exercises, a strict diet that doesn't add to your fat, maintaining good sleeping posture, would make you confident to flaunt your back curve, wearing a backless dress.
So ladies, now you know about all the exercises that will sculpt your back. Incorporate these drills into your daily routine, and you will have a toned, beautiful, and of course sexy back in no time. You can then flaunt your strapless choli or backless dress with style and confidence.
NEXT READ: Expert Guide On High Protein Diet For Weight Loss And How To Cut Carbohydrates