While taking the best care possible of our face, using the most expensive creams and getting rejuvenating parlour treatments, we mostly forget the area that is the closest to it and has even more sensitive skin, the neck. Due to this, the skin on and around it, turns a shade darker than the tone of the face. Darkening of the neck skin can also be caused due to too much sun exposure, pollution, ageing, and dirt getting stuck inside the fine lines on the neck.
So, here we come to your rescue and bring forth some instant home remedies for a brighter and fairer neck.
#1. Lemon Juice
Lemons are great sources of vitamin C, which is a natural bleaching agent (due to the presence of citric acid). Eating foods rich in vitamin C and E will also prove good for your skin.
What you need to do is-
- Take half a slice of lemon and gently rub it on the neck area for 5-10 minutes before you go for a bath.
- If you have sensitive skin, then mix equal quantities of lemon juice and rose water, and repeat the same procedure every day.
Recommended Read: Top 8 Anti-Ageing Foods That Will Give You A Younger-Looking Skin
#2. Orange Peel
The best natural product rich in vitamin C is orange that will be very useful to you here. orange peel, in fact, can be used both as a bleaching as well as skin-lightening agent.
- Grate some orange peel and mix it with whole milk to make a paste.
- Apply this to your neck and massage it for about 10 minutes daily before you take a shower.
- Alternately, mix the dried powdered peel with orange juice and repeat the same procedure.
Also Read: Interesting Beauty Benefits Of Oranges That Will Leave You Amazed
#3. Chickpea Flour
This can be used as a natural scrub to remove the dead and dull skin and reveal instead, a brighter and fresher-looking you.
- Mix some chickpea flour, a pinch of turmeric and some water.
- Apply this paste on your neck.
- After it dries, sprinkle a little water to scrub the area and wash it off with water.
- You can alternate water with rose water and milk, whichever suits your skin the best.
Oats are good for our over all health including our neck skin. They are very effective at removing dark patches round the neck when mixed with other ingredients.
- Mix some oatmeal powder with either milk cream or curd.
- You can also mix oatmeal powder with some tomato puree and honey.
- Scrub your neck with this and wash it off with cold water to get a fairer-looking neck.
Must Read: 5 Best Ubtans For Brides To Get Glowing Skin Naturally
#5. Potato Juice
Potatoes have an enzyme called catecholase that acts as natural skin lightener. With regular use, you will soon get to witness its awesome results. All you need to do is-
- Rub potato juice all over the neck area every day for at least 10 minutes before you hit the shower .
- You can also mix it with lemon juice.
#6. Papaya and Strawberry Paste
How about treating the skin of your neck with the goodness found in the fruits! The papain enzyme present in the papaya scrubs off dead cells and the antioxidants present in strawberries give you lighter-looking skin.
- Make a paste out of fresh strawberries and papayas, and apply it all over the neck.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then gently massage it.
Also Read: Top 5 Homemade Face Packs For This Summer
As summers are getting hotter and warmer, what could be a better way to lighten your skin than with a cool and calming ingredient!cucumber helps in repairing and removing damaged and dead cells and also adds a glow to the skin.
- Apply grated cucumber on your neck and allow it to dry.
- Once it has dried, take some cucumber juice on your palms and massage your neck with it.
- Wash off your neck after 10 minutes and later, apply some rose water all over it.
Recommended Read: Bollywood Inspired Stylish High Neck Cholis For A Trendy Bride
#8. Banana Fruit Mask
Both banana and olive oil are rich in antioxidants that are required for skin lightening. Their regular application will lighten your neck skin within no time.
- Take an overripe banana and mash it into a smooth paste.
- To this, add some olive oil and apply it all over your neck.
- Wash your neck after 10 minutes and then pat it dry.
#9. Coconut Oil, Almond Oil and Olive Oil
The mixture of all the above super oils is a good remedy to lighten a dark neck. These oils besides, guranteeing a lighter and smoother neck also helps improve blood circulation in the neck area.
- Mix equal amounts of all the three oils and keep them in a bottle.
- Every night before going to bed, apply it on your neck and massage it gently.
- Leave it on for the night and wash it off the next morning.
Also Read: 6 Amazing Reasons To Eat More Almonds
#10. Egg White, Honey and Lemon Mask
Egg white, honey and lemon together do the task of lightening, smoothening and nourishing the skin. And, voila! Say hello to a beautiful, lighter and younger looking neck
- Mix the white part of an egg with a tablespoon of lemon and honey each. You can also add half a spoon of olive oil to this mixture.
- Apply this paste on your neck for about 30 minutes and wash it off with tap water.
#11. Rice Starch
Rice starch too is a great skin-lightening agent and the process for using it is pretty simple too.
- Take one cup of rice, and two and a half cups of water and put it on a stove to cook.
- As the rice cooks, take it off gas and strain the water keeping it aside to cool down.
- Take the starch water and rub it properly all over your neck. Let it stay on for about 25-30 minutes, and then wash it off with normal water.
Must Read: 9 Natural And Healthy Sugar Substitutes To Add Sweetness To Your Diet
Walnuts are known for containing minerals which help keep the skin moisturised. Instead of buying it from the market, prepare a walnut scrub at home and just rub away the damaged skin that makes your neck look darker.
- Grate some walnuts coarsely while making sure you do not turn them into a powder.
- Add some milk to it and apply this paste on your neck.
- Scrub it on for 5-10 minutes and wash it off thereafter.
- Repeat the process not more than twice a week.
#13. Milk Cream
One of the most readily available items in any house, milk cream too helps a lot in lightening the skin. However, if you have acne prone skin, then better avoid thie following remedy.
- All you need to do is gently massage the milk cream all over your neck for about 10 minutes daily and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- You can also add gram flour or turmeric to the mixture.
- Not only does it lightens the skin, but also makes it baby soft.
Also Read: Best Natural Cleansers, Toners And Moisturisers For All Skin Types
#14. Aloe Vera
Skin pigmentation is very common around the neck area for which aloe vera gel is a perfect solution as it is very rich in antioxidants and other skin-friendly compounds. It also helps in bleaching the skin.
- Just remove the gel off an aloe vera leaf with the help of a knife.
- Apply it on your neck and massage it for five minutes and leave it to dry.
- Wash it off after another ten minutes.
#15. Baking Soda
Baking soda has properties that are capable of scrubbing away the darkest of pigmented skin when combined with water.
- Take three teaspoons of baking soda with one spoon of water and form a paste. You may add a little more water if the paste is very thick.
- Apply it on the neck area and gently massage.
- Wash it off in five minutes and repeat the procedure twice a week for best results.
Recommended Read: 5 Really Cool Style Tricks That All Summer Brides Must Know
So, do try all these simple yet effective home remedies to get neck skin as soft and fair as your face!
Cover Image Courtesy: Indian actress Ameesha Patel photoshoot 2015