By Team BollywoodShaadis Last Updated:
While your hair and skin need the utmost care, but it is extremely important to take good care of your hands too, especially before your wedding. Your wedding pictures will include close-ups photos of your mehendi, your ring ceremony, bangles, etc. So, you would really want your beautiful hands to be well-manicured.
While getting regular manicures at a professional salon sounds like a plan but a regular salon visit might not be that workable. Also, if you have a sensitive skin, you would want to avoid the chemical based unknown produtcts used by certain salons. And so, we have arrived just in time. Scroll through 10 effortlessly easy tips to pamper yourself with a salon-like manicure right at home.
Recommended Read: 18 Secrets To Make Your Manicure Last Longer
1) Remove the old nail paint - Remove your old nail polish by moistening a cotton ball with nail polish remover. Gently move from the base of the nail to the tip. After this, wash your hands in soapy water and gently pat dry with a soft towel.
2) File your nails well - Use the nail filer to shape your nails. Trim first if needed. Then shape them by moving the filer in one direction only. Start from one edge and move to the top smoothly– do not saw back and forth.
Recommended Read: Top 10 Bridal Nail Colours For This Wedding Season
3) Soften the cuticles - Fill a shallow bowl with warm water. Add a few drops of anti-bacterial moisturising hand soap to it. Soak your fingers in the soapy water for a few minutes to soften the cuticles. Then pat dry gently with a soft towel.
4) Use a cuticle cream - Rub a cuticle cream softly on all fingers. Use a cuticle stick or a wooden stick, to gently push back the cuticles. Again wash your hands in clean warm water and pat dry.
PS: Remember that your hands need to be neat and clean at all times, to avoid any infection.
5) Moisturise your hands well - Apply a moisturising hand lotion and massage your hands till the cream is completely absorbed. Remove any excess cream by wiping with a damp cloth.
6) Remove the cream - Take a cotton ball moistened with nail polish remover and remove the cream from your nails, before you start to apply nail polish.
7) Base coat is a must - Before applying the nail colour, start with a base coat, preferably with the nail strengthening formula. Apply to all nails and let it dry for a few minutes.
8) Apply your favourite nail colour the right way - Choose a colour of your choice. Apply the nail polish in smooth strokes, moving from the base of the nail to the tip. Three strokes are ideal to cover each nail– starting with one in the middle, and then one on each side. Keep a paper towel and cotton ball dipped in remover handy, to fix any mistakes.
9) Now go for a second coat - After a gap of ten minutes (till the nail polish dries completely), apply a second coat on top, in the same way.
10) Round it up with a top coat - Again after letting it dry completely, apply a top coat to make the colour last longer. The longer you let the nails dry each time, the less smudging you will have.
Weekly manicures can work wonders on your nails and cuticles but home manicure are so much better. Because, home manicures are not only budget-friendly, but also easy and give the same desired results as the salon manicures if done regularly.
Now with these home remedies, your hands will look healthier, your nails will become stronger and your ring will shine much brighter on those well-manicured fingers. Time for your hands to do the talking!