When it comes to facial problems, natural products are best. They are cheap, effective and show results unlike chemical treatments. You might already be using some natural goodness on your skin to get rid of various problems, but now is the time to add one more ingredient to your list and that is gelatine.
Yes, it is the same gelatine which is used to make your favourite jello or other food items. Other than cooking, this translucent, powdery compound can help you in getting rid of many skin problems.
So, eager to know how gelatine does wonders on your skin? Then read on to know all about it!
Recommended Read: How To Take Care Of Hair And Skin In Summer Naturally
What is gelatine and its benefits
If you are a vegetarian, then avoid using gelatine because this brittle and flavourless food is derived from collagen obtained from body parts of animals. But fret not, you can use agar-agar (sea gelatine) as its alternative for face masks. Gelatine mask can prove to be a boon for all skin types in following ways:
- Since it is a peel-off mask, it will help in getting rid of dead skin cells.
- It removes blackheads and minimises the size of pores.
- It can help in getting rid of wrinkles, age spots, dark spots, hyperpigmentation while maintaining the firmness and elasticity of the skin by stimulating collagen production.
- The mask can make your skin glow instantly.
However, it is always advisable to do a patch test before applying it directly on your face and neck to ensure it suits you and does not cause any problem.
Must Read: 8 Homemade Ayurvedic Face Packs For Glowing And Healthy Skin
Gelatine face masks
Before applying any mask, wash your face with mild cleanser and warm water. Also, if possible, take steam to open the pores on your skin. This will ensure deep cleaning of your skin.
So, let’s make some easy and effective masks:
#1. Gelatine mask with fruit juice for soft and supple skin
Fresh fruit juice is good for your skin and when this goodness is combined with gelatine, it becomes a perfect recipe for that soft, supple and glowing skin which you have desired for.
All you need is:
- Unflavoured gelatine - 1 packet
- Fresh fruit juice (as per your skin type) - 1/2 cup
- Pour juice along with gelatine in a bowl and heat it on low flame while stirring it continuously so that the mixture dissolves completely.
- Keep this mixture in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes or till the liquid becomes a bit firm, so that it can be applied on face easily. Do not refrigerate the gelatine for long else it will solidify.
- Now, with a help of a brush, apply the mask carefully and let it sit for 15-20 minutes or until it dries completely.
- To remove the mask, peel it slowly in an upward direction before washing it with cold water. Pat your skin dry and apply a cream.
- For oily and acne-prone skin, use fruits like grapefruit, orange, lime, lemon, white grape juice, tomato or carrot juice. While for normal or dry skin, use strawberry, pear, papaya, apple, raspberry or peach juice. You can even mix fruit juices (of your skin type) to reap maximum benefits.
You may like: 5 Mango-Based Hair Packs That Will Give You Great Hair This Summer Season
#2. Gelatine mask with milk to remove blackheads
Blackheads are an eyesore but with this milk and gelatine mask, you can easily get rid of them at home.
All you need is:
- Unflavoured gelatine- 1 teaspoon
- Milk- 1½ teaspoon
- Combine gelatine along with milk in a bowl and heat it till the gelatine dissolves completely while stirring continuously. You can even heat the mixture in a microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- Cool down the mixture for a while. The paste should be warm, not hot for the application.
- Apply the mixture on your nose, forehead and chin and allow the mask to dry completely.
- Now, peel the mask while pulling your skin tightly. The blackheads will glue to the mask and will be removed easily.
Also check out: 9 Most Effective Mayonnaise Hair Masks To Treat Different Hair Problems
#3. Gelatin mask with milk and egg yolk for firm skin
Why burn a hole in your pocket with all those expensive parlour treatments for cleaning the pores and tightening the skin when you can do just that at your home with gelatine, milk and egg yolk mask.
All you need is:
- Milk- 2 tablespoons
- Egg yolk- 1
- Gelatine - 1 tablespoon
- Mix milk with gelatine and heat it over low flame till the mixture melts completely. Do not forget to stir the mixture continuously else it will form lumps.
- After the mixture is dissolved, remove it from fire and let it cool down a bit. Now, add whipped egg yolk and mix it well to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your skin and wait for 15-20 minutes or till it dries completely.
- Peel the mask in the upward motion and wash your face with warm water before patting it dry.
Peel-off masks are great to rejuvenate your skin instantly. And with gelatine masks, you can just do that. So, say bye to all those expensive skin treatment products and make gelatine your new best friend for a happy skin. You will be surprised to see the result of this cost effective product. Do share your experience with us by commenting below.
Next Read: 5 Homemade Face Masks To Get Rid Of Whiteheads Quickly