We are looking for guest writers/bloggers who love to write original and thought-provoking articles.
Word count: Our posts typically run between 1000-1500 words.
Tone: Inclusive, accessible, and generally positive. Take a look around and see what we have previously posted.
Original Content: We ask that posts submitted be unique and original to BollywoodShaadis.com. We do not accept posts that have already been published or submitted elsewhere online (not even on your personal blog) or that you plan to distribute to other websites.
Acceptance: Since we do not compensate contributors for 'guest post', we are more than happy to include your byline and brief bio containing links to your website/blog, Facebook, Twitter accounts.
We love connecting with new contributors. While we cover an insane amount of ground, BollywoodShaadis.com consists of a handful of people. Thus, sometimes we don't have the opportunity to respond to all submissions. We can assure you, however, that we carefully read every single submission that we receive.
Instant recognition: Since we happen to be the pioneers in online content covering all the aspects of weddings, we have most influential people from the wedding industry as our regular followers. Here, you will be under the great mentorship that will chisel out the best in you. Making a name for yourself here would help you get the recognition you deserve.
Maximum Exposure: We give you a platform to reach out to thousands of readers everyday. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your creative writing and speak your mind.
Promote your blog: You are allowed to have meaningful link backs inside your article. However, here are some guidelines:
1) Link backs can only be of 'related articles' published on your own personal or professional blog.
2) Link backs that have commercial benefits (like selling a product, product review etc.) will be considered as sponsored post. Please visit advertise page for more details.
Build Credibility: All our topics are unique, something that makes our content not only searchable, but also authoritative. You build credibility for your content and can increase engagement with a larger audience.
Here are few pointers to keep in mind when writing for us:
1. Write in your own voice: A great post will sound like a real person wrote it, and it will have a distinctive voice. If you are not sure what "voice" means in this context, think about it this way: how would you explain your idea to a good friend? Use that conversational tone when you write!
2. Keep it short:These do not need to be long posts! If you are going to offer tips, include a short introductory paragraph at the top of your post explaining why you're offering this advice. Are you an expert on the topic? Did you struggle to understand the topic and want to share your knowledge? For example, if you're sending a bridal look in vogue, take a few sentences to tell us why you like this look and when someone can wear it.
3. Have you deleted needless words? Sometimes people use several words when just one will do the trick. We recommend taking one look at your piece to make sure you're only including words that are absolutely necessary.
4. Use an authoritative voice: It's understood that BollywoodShaadis.com posts are the opinion of the author. As the writer, you're the expert on your own opinion! For this reason, you don't need to use phrases like, "in my opinion," or "I believe," which detract from the idea you're trying to convey.
5. Use plain English! Keep language simple for a reader to understand. Try to keep your sentences short.
6. If required, include an amazing photo. If you don’t own the copyright of the photo please send the source link from where picture has been taken.
7. Show us your sources! If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, please include a link to that source. If you're claiming that a certain exercise is healthy, tell us how you know. This way readers can follow your line of thinking and investigate further if they want to know more.
BollywoodShaadis.com is a great resource to promote what you are doing and many of our contributors have leveraged their posts into business leads, book deals and other awesome careers.
Have you decided to give it a try? Great! Just send us an email along with your sample articles. You can drop your email at email@example.com
Put on your creative thinking cap and grab this opportunity now!