Personalising your wedding is very essential, so that you can make this special day last with you forever. And, it all starts with your wedding invitations. These days, wedding invitations are more fun, casual, and personalised.
Tap into your creativity and come up with something that is unique and meaningful for both you and your partner. You can also choose a romantic dialogue from your favourite movie or book, or take the help of world’s great romantic poets. Here are few quotes and lines that we have come across that can make a beautiful addition to your wedding invitations as well. Take a look:
- “Love has chosen us for each other, in all its wisdom it could see, that we were always meant to be, together.”
- “We in blindness take a chance, and gladly join in a wedding dance. For every joyful heart has shown that love dwells in marriage alone.”
- “Our journey to find true love ends…Our journey to cherish true love begins.”
- “As our love has brought a new meaning to our life, so will our marriage, bring a new meaning to love.”
- “As precious as the ocean’s treasures, too strong for anyone to measure, two hearts joined together, sharing their lives forever…”
- “As the heavens are stable, and the earth is stable. As the mountains are stable, and the whole universe is stable. So, our union may also be permanently settled.”
- “Love is the magician that binds two souls in a marriage!”
- “You don’t marry someone you can live with – you marry the person who you cannot live without”
Here are some selective quotes from famous writers and films, for all you literary lovers out there:
- “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind.”- William Shakespeare
- “Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one.” - Friedrich Halm
- “My true love hath my heart, and I have his.” - Philip Sydney
- “Marriage: Love is the reason. Lifelong friendship is the gift. Kindness is the cause. Til’ death do us part is the length.” - Fawn Weaver
- "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." - Friedrich Nietzsche
- “I love you. You complete me.” - Jerry Maguire
- “Only you, you’re the only thing I’ll see forever. In my eyes, in my words and in everything I do.” - West Side Story
- "When you realise you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."- When Harry Met Sally
- "I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone." - The Fellowship of the Ring
If your parents are conservative and are not comfortable with your idea of proclaiming your love in public, then you have to make them understand that these are your special moments to capture and own. Or, you can allow your parents to have their way with traditional wedding invitations for family and friends, and you both can get an entirely separate set of invites for your close friends.
So, whether you are getting married or your best friend is, don’t forget to think about these suggestion and quotes. Brainstorming on personalising your wedding invitation will add oodles of fun and romance to your wedding planning activities. And, if you have more ideas to personalise the wedding invitations, then share them with us.
Cover image courtesy: Weddings9