Watermelon is the coolest fruit that you can dig into during the hot summer months, and it is great for your skin as well. It is rich in vitamins and potassium, with high water and fibre content, and is low in calories. That is why; it is an amazing fruit for your skin and body. Whether you like to eat this red, juicy fruit or not, you can enjoy its amazing benefits, just read on to know how:
Works as a natural toner
To have clean and clear skin, use watermelon toner that will hydrate your skin while refreshing it. Toner helps to reduce the risks of acne and other skin blemishes from finding their place on your face.
- Just mix some watermelon juice, and apply that on your cleansed face, with the help of a cotton ball. Rinse it off after it dries. You can also add some honey to this.
- You can also make a toner by blending one cup watermelon chunks, with half an orange and one cup water. Use the strained liquid on your face daily. This liquid can be refrigerated for 5 days.
- If you already suffer from acne or blemishes, then make ice cubes out of watermelon juice and rose water, and rub it on your face to freshen it.
After cleaning the toner off, remember to use a gentle moisturiser on your skin.
Natural way to ditch age marks
Watermelon is rich in vitamin A and C, and anti-ageing agents such as lycopene. The presence of these antioxidants decreases the occurrence of wrinkles, fine lines and age spots. Best result can be seen by topical application as well as eating a healthy dose of this wonderful and juicy fruit.
- Apply watermelon pulp on your skin as a mask, or rub some watermelon juice on your face regularly.
- You can also mix equal quantity of watermelon juice and crushed avocado. Keep this pack on your face for 15-20 minutes, before rinsing it off with warm water. Both these fruits are a great way to keep your skin plump and supple.
Don't Miss: Best Natural Ways to Look Young Forever
Wonderful way to get glowing and healthy skin
Watermelon is blessed with properties that can make your skin look and feel fresh, firm and healthier. By consuming watermelon you can flush out toxins from the body, which result in glowing skin.
Here is how you can enjoy its various benefits by adding it to your facial masks and scrubs:
- Apply watermelon pulp all over face and neck for fifteen minutes before washing it off to reveal clean and refreshed skin.
- If you have oily skin, then blend some watermelon pulp with yoghurt and use that as a face pack. For those who have dry skin, just replace yoghurt with banana.
- For treating sunburn and suntans, prepare a pack of equal portion watermelon and cucumber, and apply that on your face.
- A scrub made of grated watermelon and gram flour leaves you with a glowing skin.
You can also add a few drops of this fruit to your summer beauty face packs to make them even more wonderful and favourable.
Keeps skin hydrated and moisturised
Dry and dull skin is often the result of dehydrated skin. With its high water content, watermelon is a good option for keeping the skin hydrated. A well-hydrated body has good collagen production that is necessary for youthful skin. So, add this juicy red fruit to your daily diet.
- You can apply a watermelon and honey mask to the face for extra moisturisation, apart from eating it.
Effect on skin pores
The high content of vitamin A in the fruit allows it to decrease the size of skin pores while also controlling the oil secretions from sebaceous glands. That is what makes this juicy summer fruit great for those who have an oily skin.
- Blend some watermelon juice with mint leaves, and freeze this mixture in ice trays. Rub these ice cubes on your skin to close open skin pores. This is also a great remedy to cleanse your pores of the dust and pollution.
Works for exfoliation
The scorching summer heat can prove to be taxing on the skin. The acids present in water melon work great as an exfoliating agent that leave your skin radiant. Here is a quick body scrub that will help you soothe the tired skin instantly while leaving it glowing.
- Blend one cup of watermelon chunks with sugar and add lemon juice to it. This can be stored for up to a week in the refrigerator. Use this in your bath to gently exfoliate the skin.
Amazing ingredient for pedicure
Pedicure is necessary not only to ensure that the feet look good but also to relieve them from the stress of tiring days.
- Prepare a mix of half cup watermelon juice, one teaspoon crushed almonds and a quarter cup of yoghurt. This can be applied to the feet in a circular motion to increase blood circulation, relieve stress and exfoliate the skin.
Not to Miss: How to Get Beautiful Sandal-ready Feet This Summer
Benefits your hair too
Watermelon is not just wonderful for your skin, but also for your hair. This fruit, especially its seeds, can make your hair strong, and also prevent hair falling and breakage. Watermelon seeds are rich in protein content and essential fatty acids, which can make your hair lustrous, strong and healthy.
What’s more? They contain copper which is known to produce melanin, a pigment that helps your hair to keep their natural colour intact. This helps to prevent your hair greying woes. Watermelon seed oil provides moisture to flaky and dry scalp, and treats itchy scalp.
You May Also Like
Healthy reasons to add it
Apart from its various beauty benefits for your hair and skin, this juicy fruit is known for its health benefits. Let us tell you a few reasons why people who are aiming for weight loss should add this fruit to their diet:
- Being a low-calorie fruit, it is great for those who wish to lose and maintain weight.
- It is ideal for weight loss diets as it mainly consists of water, and is rich in many essential nutrients. The high water content also helps it to flush out toxins from the body, thus leaving you feeling healthier.
- It is an excellent natural source of instant energy. Since, it is rich in vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and electrolytes, it is a power packed fruit.
- It is also rich in fibre, which makes it a filling fruit to enjoy as a healthy snack to curb untimely hunger pangs.
After all, a healthy and fit body is another trick to keep your skin healthy, supple and free from problems as well.
With all these amazing beauty and health benefits attached to its name, it is time for you to add this beautiful and sweet fruit to your daily diet and beauty regime.