Do you sulk and beat your head against the pillow when you experience menstrual cramps? Are you finding it difficult to find relief from persistent spasms? Is your patience level running low and you’re hurling tantrums on people around you? Well if you are popping pills to calm yourself, stop immediately. Take a look at a few tips below to find quick relief.
Foods & Beverages to avoid
- Dairy products and red meats must be avoided because these are known to increase prostaglandins, chemicals that aggravate to menstrual cramps.
- High caffeine content foods and beverages should be avoided since caffeine constricts blood vessels.
- Steer clear of alcohol too because it can cause water retention and make you feel bloated and worsen your cramps.
- For a similar reason, do not have foods high in salt content. For instance, slated chips, fast foods, and processed food.
Foods to have in Abundance
- Have fresh fruits, especially papaya because it will help in easing the flow.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Have food rich in fiber because it will prevent any problem associated with acidity, constipation and bloating.
- Due to their anti-inflammatory properties, fishes such as tuna, salmon, mackerel, and sardines must be consumed generously. These help in easing cramps and bloating.
Your monthlies shouldn’t keep you away from exercising. Any kind of physical activity helps your blood flow and makes you breathe a little harder. The circulation of blood releases endorphins – the happy hormones—as a result you’ll feel less pain. So, you can go for aerobics, jogging or just walk. 20 minutes of walk every day can lessen the muscle tension. But, make sure you wear comfortable pads/tampons.
Another excellent way to breathe easy while menstruating is yoga. It helps you to relax your body and mind and ease symptoms associated with menstruation. Some easy-to-do asana includekapalbhati, anulom-vilom, sukhasana, bhujangasana, pavanmuktasana, bidalasana, dhanurasana, and final corpse.
Use a Hot Water Bottle
Place a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel on your lower abdomen or back. This helps your muscles relax and eases pain. Alternatively, you can take a hot water bath, have soup or hot cinnamon tea, or have warm water with a piece of ginger crushed in it and sweetened with a drop or two of honey. You must take adequate rest so as not to be cranky all day long.
Hope these tips come in handy and you are able to successfully resolve the menstrual pain woes. Make sure you do not ignore if menstrual cramps are severe. This could hint upon some conditions such as endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory diseases, fibroids, narrowing of the cervix. You must see a doctor if the menstrual pain is beyond your level of endurance.
The much awaited Bollywood weds cricket shaadi is officially over, with Yuvraj and Hazel tying the knot in two elaborate ceremonies. One was according to Sikh rituals that took place near Chandigarh, and the other that happened in Goa in accordance with Bihari Hundu rituals. Recommended Read: Yuvraj Singh And Hazel Keech'sRead More