While planning her wedding day, every bride would want to arrange and oversee every detail to ensure that the wedding ceremony goes off smoothly. Everything from the wedding lehenga to the mandap has to be absolutely perfect. Don’t you think that this attention to detail should also be given to other aspects of the wedding? I am referring to decorating your room for the wedding night.
After all, an auspicious beginning augurs well for the rest of your married life together, and you should not overlook the importance of having everything in place for the wedding night. And as the bride, you should definitely take a personal interest in the decor of the room where you will spend your wedding night so that you can put your personal touch on the decor to ensure that things are as romantic as possible.
First and foremost, you should make sure that you take care of the following things so that mundane everyday reality does not get in the way of you enjoying your most romantic first night together.
1. Food: Since most wedding ceremonies involve some amount of fasting for both the bride and the groom, ensure that you have some food before the end of the wedding to avoid feeling ill later on. Even if you are not planning to fast, the hustle and bustle of the wedding day is sure to leave you weary, so a small meal before the end of the ceremony will not come amiss. If you can’t get away from the mandap yourself, get someone to bring some food to you.
2. Allergies: It is a common custom to decorate the wedding bed with flowers in most parts of India. But due to the prevalence of allergies today, it is quite possible that you or your husband would be allergic to the flowers used. Confirm with your husband whether any precautions of this nature have to be taken.
1. Colour Scheme: The colour theme of the room goes a long way in setting the mood of the evening. So before your wedding, you might want to do up the room in soft pastel shades like pink, cream or pale green. Of course, if you are the bold and beautiful type, the jewel tones will do very well for you. If there is too little time before the wedding to repaint the whole room, you can make sure that the curtains and other hangings match the colour of the bed spread.
2. The Bed: The bed is probably the most important piece of furniture in the room. Make sure that your inputs are taken into consideration while decorating it. Are you the traditional type who would want the bed to be decorated with rose petals and confetti? Or do you want to do something more creative? The sky is the limit, here.
3. The Lighting: Instead of having tube lights and other bright lights in the room, consider scattering a number of lamps around to room to creating a dim romantic glow and a feeling of intimacy.