Glamorous and bold- two words which best describe a plunging neckline. But how many women actually take the risk to carry it off? Or for that matter, how many of them can bare their décolletage with élan?
Many women try to wear a low neckline but fail miserably because they lack confidence. At times, it is because they do not know the right way of finding a perfect low neckline for themselves or the tricks of flaunting it in style.
Here are some tips which will help you wear deep necklines and yet carry them off with style, poise, grace and great élan.
Recommended Read: 5 Tips to Look Stylish at Home after Marriage
Figure out your body type
Before you opt for a décolleté dress, stand in front of the mirror and take a close look at your body. Do you have the perfect hourglass figure? Or are you heavy at hips? Is your bust too small or too big? Once you are done with this, you will have a clearer idea as to what you should wear.
- Woman with a perfect hourglass figure has nothing to worry about. She is the envy of one and all as she can carry off anything with great aplomb.
- If you are heavy at the hips, then a low neckline will shift focus from your hips to your cleavage. You can go for a bold look by keeping your neckline as low as an eight to eight-and-a-half inches.
- Well-endowed women have a love-hate relationship with low necklines. There is a fine line between looking sexy and vulgar, and they must be careful with the number of inches they choose to reveal. Usually a six to seven inches neckline makes them look sensual yet gorgeous. Women who are on the heavier side should go for a lower A neckline.
- If your bust is on the smaller side, then you can go wild with your necklines. Wear a daring gown with a deep neckline and you will be able to draw attention to your shoulders and slender collarbones. It will definitely make you look feminine and sexy.
Recommended Read: Dressing Tips to Impress Your In-laws
The beauty lies in details
You might be confident about carrying off the low necklines, but there is a huge difference between being graceful and looking tacky. To save yourself from the latter, keep in mind some small details when you feel like donning these low necklines.
Pairing it up
When you are wearing a low neckline, you should be careful not to team it up with something that will shift focus from it. Pairing a low neck blouse with a mini skirt or tight pants can be disastrous. Remember fashion is about elegance, and elegance lies in these little details. Also, do not team your low neckline with anything that has too many and too deep cuts at the bottom. With a low neckline top, go for something like a structured bottom.
Recommended Read: Smart Ways to Flirt With Your Husband
Accessorising it well
This one is especially for those women who love to don low necklines but are shy of showing off too much skin when they get engaged or married. Do not worry, here are some classy ways for you to show it off with the right balance.
- You can also pair your neckline with a silk scarf, which will add a touch of sophistication to your overall look. If you are wearing an ethnic outfit, say a lehenga with low neckline choli, you can pick out a net dupatta with it. Net dupatta will help you to show off your neckline without making you conscious about too much skin show.
- Another great accessory is a jacket. These days jackets are not only used with western wear, but you can also pair a dressy jacket with anything from anarkali suits to sarees. So, why not use it to your advantage? Especially when you are out with your would-be in-laws in a low neckline.
- You can pair your low neckline with a dressy camisole, it will make you look elegant and classy.
Recommended Read: 5 Bridal Accessories that Can Glam Up Your Look Instantly
Understand what lies under
Wear a perfectly fitting bra, as inadequate support will make you look vulgar. If your neckline is a tad too deep, then wear an invisible (skin colour) bra with it. Or, at least make sure that the one that you are wearing is not visible at all.
Before you step out of your house, spend a good ten minutes in front of the mirror to ensure that everything is perfect.
Also Read: Bollywood Fashion Disasters You Must Avoid
Confidence, your best friend
When you are carrying off a low neckline, remember that confidence is one thing that will make or break your look. Here are a few quick pointers we want to give you:
- Stand erect and maintain eye contact with everyone you talk to in the party.
- Wear high heels for added glam.
- If you are feel a little uncomfortable, then you can always pair your low neckline with a chunky necklace that will end just above your cleavage.
- Indian or western, whatever you wear always keep a stylish stole handy with you to save you from any diasters.
- Also, remember that no woman has ever looked sexy with her shoulders stooping– posture is very important.
Don't Miss: Trendy and Stylish Ways to Don Polka Dots
If you have taken the brave step to wear a plunging neckline, then carry it off with a beautiful smile. Armed with these tips, we are sure that you are now ready to show off your beautiful neck with grace and style. And, your confidence will surely help you sweep your special one off his feet!